Thursday, September 17, 2009

On the subject of Burgers

I was sorely condemned by a new yorker friend for listing Corner B as one of my favorite spots in NY.
Now I know there may be many a "better" burger in NYC/BKLYN, but I still have an affinity for the olde West Village tavern "Corner Bistro". No frills (and i only go when there is not a line out the door) for a quick, cheap bacon cheeseburger and
$2 Mcsorley's ale. All for Under $10.
I guess it is nostalgic for me, good memories with great friends, comforting that it is always the same year after year. I especially enjoy going in the fall after a walk around the West Village.

In order to keep this blog current, and free of chastising ;) I will add my friend Duffy's favorite picks here, as well....

"best burger is NYC is lunch burger at
Peter Luger's.
Stoned Crow is the Corner Bistro burger 2.0
other favorites
BRGR
Resto"
Thanks Duff!

he also mentioned a very top secret burger spot, that i have sworn to secrecy not to divulge, but maybe after my trip to NY in October and testing it out myself i will add it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment